Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Rejected
Status
Not open for further replies.
Players nickname
Thomas_Wake
Suspect ID
Date of violation
Jun 21, 2021
Time of violation
17:13
Proofs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cbJyQ5elXE&ab_channel=Shorty

Shorty

Player
Player
I was out flying the legal pilot job when a car pulls behind me blocking me inside while I'm resupplying, then having a officer exit the vehicle to force me to exit mine. He asks to search me, which i deny seeing as he had no reason to. He then asks me to search my vehicle, which i comply with to show him I'm willing to work with him. Not 30 seconds after that he tells me he is going to search me anyways since his supirior officer told him he had probable cause. When i was questioning him what probable cause he had, he had already searched me and deflected the question.

To be honest this was just a gang robbery, with a fine and a 45 minute jail time slapped ontop of it. Only difference is atleast the gangs need reasoning or be in the ghetto. Doesnt seem like similar rules apply to PD?

Adenican

Player
Player
Hi this is ID 28347. Firstly I would like to thank whoever is handling this report.

My response is pretty simple: we got notified scriptly (by the server) about a plane carrying clandestine merchandise. We decided to setup a sort of operation where we would wait for the planes to get into the hangar then proceed to search them (you can also see an LSPD vehicle in the right corner of the hangar). I asked if we could search you as I wasnt sure we had probable cause which my commanding officer then rectified to me clearifying that we do have probable cause since we suspect a plane to be carrying illegal contraband and this gave me the right to search you otherwise I would not have done it. You can confirm everything with my POV. We searched many other planes/pilots before and after you as well.

Sorry for taking up anyone's time with this and thank you for taking the time to read my response.

Here is my POV: Replay 2021-06-21 12-21-49_Trim (2)

Shorty

Player
Player
Hi this is ID 28347. Firstly I would like to thank whoever is handling this report.

My response is pretty simple: we got notified scriptly (by the server) about a plane carrying clandestine merchandise. We decided to setup a sort of operation where we would wait for the planes to get into the hangar then proceed to search them (you can also see an LSPD vehicle in the right corner of the hangar). I asked if we could search you as I wasnt sure we had probable cause which my commanding officer then rectified to me clearifying that we do have probable cause since we suspect a plane to be carrying illegal contraband and this gave me the right to search you otherwise I would not have done it. You can confirm everything with my POV. We searched many other planes/pilots before and after you as well.

Sorry for taking up anyone's time with this and thank you for taking the time to read my response.

Here is my POV: Replay 2021-06-21 12-21-49_Trim (2)
As i said in-game this isn't as much about you as it is about the one who gave the orders. Though I'm fairly displeased with how the situation was handled roleplay wise.

10 minutes earlier on a previous flight i was at the same hangers where police was chasing a smaller much more distinct plane. They was fighting it and shooting it, whether it got away i know not but i flew off and came back 10 minutes after to this scenario. So my question to you is. How long is it okay to blatantly disregard what would be the fourth amendment, that I'm guessing PD operates under given all your others laws, miranda rights and so on. Furthermore you did not even search my vehicle before you searched me. And I'm guessing by the amount of police force shown you was not there for any amount of illegal drugs that a person could hide, it would have to be in something bigger like a plane. The plane should've been searched to establish RP. Was nothing to find i should be let go seeing as i was obviously not what you was looking for (Which is the case even though i had illegal stuff on me)

You simply cannot base a search and seizure completely based on hearsay "Well we got a call about a plane". Right you got a call about a plane, and the location they send you to was a busy airport that is often travelled by commercial flight. You lock down said area because you are looking for "illegal cargo". I gladly let you check my COMPANY vehicle since it is not mine. But when you try searching me its my personal belongings and its different. I was never warned nor indicated that the area was a stop and search zone. I was never warned nor was it indicated that i was entering an active crime scene.

Hearsay does not grant probable cause in this case whatsoever. Your information was that illegal cargo was being transported. You have no information regarding the suspect you're chasing whatsoever. It could be anyone, and therefore your right to search forfeits.

Ofcourse this is just my take, because as i see it this can be a very slippery slope. So what if an officer buys a burner phone and just calls 911, and makes up some bullshit about the area he is going to, so he can have "probable cause" on whoever rolls through there for apparently indefinite time?

EDIT: I saw what i guess is your superior tell you "That you do have rights because you got reports of illegal activity with planes" So if i call the police and tell them a person with a car is transporting 10 keys of coke somewhere in the middle of the city, that you now have reasonable suspicion to stop, search and seize every car and person in it near that middle of the city?

Last edited:

Adenican

Player
Player
As i said in-game this isn't as much about you as it is about the one who gave the orders. Though I'm fairly displeased with how the situation was handled roleplay wise.

10 minutes earlier on a previous flight i was at the same hangers where police was chasing a smaller much more distinct plane. They was fighting it and shooting it, whether it got away i know not but i flew off and came back 10 minutes after to this scenario. So my question to you is. How long is it okay to blatantly disregard what would be the fourth amendment, that I'm guessing PD operates under given all your others laws, miranda rights and so on. Furthermore you did not even search my vehicle before you searched me. And I'm guessing by the amount of police force shown you was not there for any amount of illegal drugs that a person could hide, it would have to be in something bigger like a plane. The plane should've been searched to establish RP. Was nothing to find i should be let go seeing as i was obviously not what you was looking for (Which is the case even though i had illegal stuff on me)

You simply cannot base a search and seizure completely based on hearsay "Well we got a call about a plane". Right you got a call about a plane, and the location they send you to was a busy airport that is often travelled by commercial flight. You lock down said area because you are looking for "illegal cargo". I gladly let you check my COMPANY vehicle since it is not mine. But when you try searching me its my personal belongings and its different. I was never warned nor indicated that the area was a stop and search zone. I was never warned nor was it indicated that i was entering an active crime scene.

Hearsay does not grant probable cause in this case whatsoever. Your information was that illegal cargo was being transported. You have no information regarding the suspect you're chasing whatsoever. It could be anyone, and therefore your right to search forfeits.

Ofcourse this is just my take, because as i see it this can be a very slippery slope. So what if an officer buys a burner phone and just calls 911, and makes up some bullshit about the area he is going to, so he can have "probable cause" on whoever rolls through there for apparently indefinite time?

EDIT: I saw what i guess is your superior tell you "That you do have rights because you got reports of illegal activity with planes" So if i call the police and tell them a person with a car is transporting 10 keys of coke somewhere in the middle of the city, that you now have reasonable suspicion to stop, search and seize every car and person in it near that middle of the city?
The call wasn’t given by someone random like you mention, it’s a message that pops off bottom right of our (LEOs I assume) screen and comes from the SERVER itself and not just a tip from a random person coming to the station saying these guys with planes they maybe have contraband. The message says that contraband is landing/being transported at sandy airport so we mobilize our units and check on the planes. You weren’t singled out but more part of a bigger search and you happened to have illegal items on you which you probably shouldn’t bring to a busy airport if you plan to do legal work as in real life, you would be arrested long before you could ever take off. Pretty hard to conceal 1 AR, 1 Revolver, 1 body armour and more than 200 ammo for said guns, especially in a busy airport. So this explains what the search and seizure was based on which again the message DOES NOT come from hearsay but from the SERVER which makes it very credible.

Now to the point of the much smaller plane that you mentioned at the beginning. We CAN NOT only search those planes and assume that all the other planes are carrying legal cargo as this would be metagaming the message given to us by the server is that contraband is coming to sandy airport and it’s our job to intercept it. The pilot of that plane was shot at/chased since he wasn’t obeying any orders and attempted to flee while risking the life of many civilians/member of government around him.

Finally about the search of your airplane, we too have OOC limitations. We needed a SGT+ to be present on the scene to search the plane and unfortunately none of them were present at the scene and the amount of people in game at the time that had a higher/same rank as a SGT was very slim and those people were busy with another situation I believe. That is why we couldn’t search your plane not because we didn’t want to but because OOC rules didn’t allow us to.

In other words, the call didn’t originate from a random tip but more a credible source and unfortunately we also have SOPs and rules to follow and due to that we couldn’t cunduct a search of the airplane you were flying. Like I said previously you weren’t singled out but just searched like many others in this operation.

Thank you for taking the time to read my response. I’ll wait for an admin to reply before saying anything else.

Shaun MacAllister

Player
Player
This thread is now under review and locked. No further posts or replies will be entertained unless and until requested by the administrator.

Kenny Vis

OG King of the Forum
Player
Upon reviewing the evidence, I have decided to Deny this report.
  • The SAHP searches every plane in this RP situation looking for one with the drugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom