Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Reviewed GR6.4 + Rule of State 1.8 + ForceRP + PG | Government

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your ID
Players nickname
Poppy Lasombra
Suspect ID
Date of violation
Oct 28, 2023
Time of violation
05:13
Proofs
https://discord.com/channels/905907855738142781/1113213712636055622

Poppy Lasombra

Angel of Law
Player
(I do not post on forums unless it is important and this is and for those that will comment that I am simply annoyed at not being AG anymore. I was the AG for over 1 year and it is the hardest job in the entire city. I think I deserve a holiday)

The Governor and the Attorney General posted an Executive Order invalidating all Lawyers Licenses in the Government Public Announcements Channel Unlawful Order on Government Announcements. This is a clear violation of the Laws of the State (Lawyers Code) and may even be a reaction to a Forum post against the Government.

This Executive Order is also not Valid IC if there is no Proof the Document was Signed IC (same as a Raid Warrant being Signed IC) and this document must be a PDF. They can still change this document (which is illegal) after publishing. Can the Admin reviewing this ask for the Proof of this Document being signed IC before it was published otherwise it is illegal to have published it.

The Lawyers Code reads as follows:

4.2 Re-Issue or Renewal of a Lawyer’s Licence.
4.2.1 A Lawyer may apply to the Attorney General or a Judge in order to renew their Lawyers Licence.
a) So long as the Lawyer is on the Registry of Licensed Lawyers, a renewal shall be granted regardless of when the Lawyers Licence expired.
b) No rewrite of the Bar Examination or other such requirements may be imposed for a re-issue or renewal of a Lawyer’s Licence unless there are lawful and reasonable grounds to do so.
c) In exceptional situations, the Lawyer may apply to the Governor for a renewal if there is no Attorney General and/or Judge appointed within the State or there is otherwise no other authorised official to renew the Lawyers License.

4.2.2 Authorised Officials from Government (GOV) and/or the Department of Justice (DOJ) officials who can issue a renewal of a Lawyer’s Licence may not refuse to renew a Lawyers Licence unless:
a) There are Grounds for Revocation or Invalidation of the Lawyer’s Licence.
b) The Lawyer’s Licence has already been invalidated on those Grounds.
c) The Lawyer’s Name cannot be found on the Registry of Licensed Lawyers. d) The Lawyer’s Licence Number cannot be found on the Registry of Licensed Lawyers.
4.2.3 It is the duty of a Lawyer to ensure that their Lawyers Licence is renewed in good time and the Government (GOV) or the Department of Justice (DOJ) cannot be held liable for a Lawyer failing to do so

NOTE: The Lawyers Code is written to expressly make unlawful confiscation of a Lawyers License illegal. There are specific Grounds when and where a License can be taken away or made invalid and none of them apply here.

They even go so far as to exempt their own people in an act of outright Corruption and a violation of the Principle of Equality in the Civil Code which the Department of Justice should uphold:

1.4 Principle of Justice and Equality Before the Law
1.4.1 Justice is carried out on the basis of equality before the law and the court of all citizens, regardless of gender, race, nationality, language, origin, property and official status, place of residence, attitude to religion, beliefs, membership of public associations and other circumstances, as well as all organisations independently from their organisational and legal form, form of ownership, location, subordination and other circumstances.

GR6.4 for doing actions that are clearly illegal. Lawyers are not permitted to be Corrupt (as far as I know as per Lebron) and nor is a Governor
Rule of State 1.8 for the same reason against the Organisation. Government writes the laws but is also required to follow those laws.
ForceRP and PG for the actions that are called for by Law Enforcement for and are an unlawful Confiscation of Property without a valid reason or any recourse in the law.

You cannot run a city using unlawful edicts and authoritarianism.

Nezar_Wolf

Player
Player
First of all I do not like to argue on forum while it is IC issue. But fine as you wanted to have it OCC.
1 The document have been signed ICly and I can show this to the Curators if they wanted.
2 The PDF does not need to include the IC signature.
3 The trooper act of yours does not count the IC signature its only the OOC one so based on what you are saying right now yours was invalid and the same punishment should apply to you too? Martial law of yours does not also include the IC signature.
4 We are treating everyone equally and there is no separation.
5 We have no trust for that some people know much about the law and not exploring it for their own interest
6 We have seen many lawyer posting and telling people that we will let you escape from jail no matter what
7 Among those lawyers too. We have seen that some of them asking people to capitol to riot.

Please go inside the link and see how they literally trying to victimize their self
So we had our reasons to take action, but instead of taking it ICly with us. You guys wanted OOC.

Last edited:

Nik Payne

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator

Upon Reviewing the Evidence, I cannot conclude this report at this time

Requesting ID : 4150 to Provide proofs that are uploaded to a valid source ( Eg. Imgur or Youtube )

U have 6 hours to do so.

Vali Lucifer

Player
Player

Upon Reviewing the Evidence, I cannot conclude this report at this time

Requesting ID : 4150 to Provide proofs that are uploaded to a valid source ( Eg. Imgur or Youtube )

U have 6 hours to do so.
Give credit nik.

Poppy Lasombra

Angel of Law
Player
Hi Nik. As requested here are the images as requested. I would have thought the actual link would have been sufficient but here is the proof as asked for.

Content of the Document Posted on Public Announcements: Proof of it being posted on the Public Announcements:
Please let me know if this is sufficient but the evidence is also right there on the Government Email.

In answer to the question of IC vs OOC this unlawful Executive Order will take away legitimate Lawyers Licenses such as mine so that I CANNOT follow this matter IC in the Courts. That is the only reason I took it OOC and one only need to look at how seldom I ever post on forums to know this is a fact. We had this situation once before in the City where Lawyers were being denied their right to work as a Lawyer and renew their Licenses. That is why the Lawyers Code was changed to prevent exactly what is happening here.

Also the Laws and the Amending of Laws must follow a set of Rules, this Executive Order bypassed these Rules to make up something that is unlawful to the point of being outright illegal by the Rules and the Laws.

I answer to Nezar: I cannot account for the misconduct of others or their anger or frustration with any situation, nor will I ever attempt to defend peoples actions that cause or intend to harm to our city. Each person and their actions should be dealt with in a lawful and reasonable manner and you cannot accuse or punish people for being party to something they are not or for the actions or words of others. To do otherwise is the height of injustice.

Vali Lucifer

Player
Player
First of all I do not like to argue on forum while it is IC issue. But fine as you wanted to have it OCC.
1 The document have been signed ICly and I can show this to the Curators if they wanted.
3 The trooper act of yours does not count the IC signature its only the OOC one so based on what you are saying right now yours was invalid and the same punishment should apply to you too? Martial law of yours does not also include the IC signature.
5 We have no trust for that some people know much about the law and not exploring it for their own interest
6 We have seen many lawyer posting and telling people that we will let you escape from jail no matter what
7 Among those lawyers too. We have seen that some of them asking people to capitol to riot.

Please go inside the link and see how they literally trying to victimize their self
So we had our reasons to take action, but instead of taking it ICly with us. You guys wanted OOC.
HI Nezar 👋

Nezar_Wolf

Player
Player
Hello again. You are trying to change the first subject. Our subject is that you are saying that the PDF does not include the IC signature. I came up with many of your PDF does not have any IC signature too. You also said that this is punishable. First of all I can provide many of yours without the IC signature. So if you saying this is against the rules so you should also be punished. We did sign it IC too by the way and Curators are fully aware of.
We had our reasons to do such an act which we also spoke about it in the declaration.
We believe such an act will enhance the law knowledge among the lawyers

And I said it before this is an IC issue. You are more than welcome to step down to Capitol and file a case against the diction.

Nezar_Wolf

Player
Player
And the act of the lawyers you were defending does not show that the city is their concern. The moment the new governments took over they have done nothing but showing irresponsibly and immaturity.

Napoleon Blanchard

Blacklisted For No Reason
Player

screenshoot not valid , this is not a full screen
i think this is photoshop

Nik Payne

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator

Upon Reviewing the evidence I have decided to DENY this report.

Senior State Curator has approved of the " Executive Order " under question.

However,

Government will receive a Verbal for Rule Break.

For Not Signing the Executive Order IC, before Posting it.

Xavier Escuela

Player
Player
Report Re-Reviewed

Regarding the Order being illegal IC'ly, curator found out that the document was signed after gov posted it in grand rp gov-announcement channel, hence GOV was punished CORRECTLY

Regarding PG, there is no PG from gov, PG, also known as Powergaming is when you have unfair advantage, or in other words, forcing RP on other player without giving them chance to RP back. Gov DID NOT tell/mandate that once these licenses are revoked they wont be issuing the licenses back to players who got their license revoked, you can still go attend the bar exam and get the lawyer license back if you pass it.

Even if legislation is IC, these things still have to be under the server rules and cant violate server rules, hence curators/admin review it before posting to the grand RP server.

FYI, Governor took the action because he saw flaws in the previous government and the way they issued these lawyer license, and being governor he has rights to make his own order, he didnt stop you from going court ICly, or taking the exam again.
Also, if you had passed bar exam the first time correctly, then i believe it should not be a problem to attend it again.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom