Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

gruvii

Truth to Power 101
Player
Information
1. Gwen
2. 27
3. GMT -5
4. Average online per day: 3-10 hours
5. gruvii#1046
6. Lucielle Corbeau
7. 106284

Additional information

1. Leader of National Guard

Yes really. I'm almost certain I won't get it but I thought I'd throw my ideas into consideration if not just for my application but for the next general! I really want to see a successful NG regardless of leadership, so if you see fit to select another I ask only that you select one who has the best interests of the NG in their heart, for I will be giving them my 100%.

2. Why do you want to be the leader of the National Guard?

The primary purpose for my application to lead the National Guard is simple; we have an opportunity to reinvent ourselves. Since joining I have seen the potential of the National Guard to become the most badass and exciting RP in the entire City! I have a long history of MilSim and tactical games from Rainbow Six Siege to ARMA3. Though I'm not long in this city, I have vast experience in both management and military tactics and strategy. I want to bring my tactical and administrative skills to the leadership of the NG and build a system future generals can rely on to keep daily operations smooth and easily tracked.

I also believe that I can offer a fresh set of eyes on a set of problems that the past few generals have had a great deal of difficulty handling. During my time in the city I have learned both the fine details of the OOC and IC rules and laws as an Attorney and GOV High Command during Baracus' final term and early into Charlie's first term. During my tenure there I executed the first successful daily bench trial. I took work that everyone knew needed to be done and did it myself. I did it because I wanted to see an RP courtroom. I set my mind on it and I achieved it. I want to do the same thing here at NG. I have a vision where NG officers are looked up to not only by their troops, but the public.

As a District Court Judge in the GOV I was faced with so many different scenarios it'd make your head spin. Knowing how to navigate the Laws and the OOC rules was and is still essential to my legal work today. These skills can be relied upon when we are faced with legal issues or OOC matters. This prepares me to handle whatever conflicts may arise within the org and outside it.

For those of you who don't know, I was heartbroken when I left gov. I almost quit the city for good, until Lewis showed me the bunker. My mind exploded with ideas. As an IRL Artist and Writer I was amazed by the potential for Military Intelligence and all that that implies. When we discussed what had been done in the past I was overjoyed and beyond excited. I want to bring the excitement I felt for NG's future to every member of the org

I absolutely do not want to be General without the support of the finest officers. I want people who want to make a difference in the NG leading it, and I would like to build that team. I want to steer the ship and allow my department heads to have relative autonomy. My responsibility as General will be to make sure progress is being made in each of these departments and that tasks are being completed.

Lastly, I would like to discuss with the curators about modifying the existing raid rules to allow for more participation from English speakers from around the world. I believe that our organization should be accessible from more than a select from time zones. This is an English server and most English speakers in the world are in a time zone that does not allow for easy participation in raids. The solution to this both modifying the existing rules and/or having more activities during the later hours.

3. My advice for improving the RolePlay level in the organization.

In my short time with the National Guard I have learned a great deal about what people want the org to be and what they want from the org. I have also learned that there is a great deal of hopelessness. From those who I've spoken too, many seem disillusioned with the National Guard and have little faith in its ability to comeback. I could not disagree more. Something else I've learned is that the National Guard is ripe for new RP experiences such as the city has never seen before! I know that sounds hyperbolic but allow me to explain.

RECRUITMENT

Numbers, numbers, numbers. We never seem to have enough. I feel this is due to a few independent issues. The first is that duties for low ranks are BORING. There really is no better word for it. Gate duty is more boring than secretary at the capitol! So how do we fix this? How do we keep those new recruits from quitting the moment they get bored? The answer is NOT money, but rather giving them more to do. Gate duty is the first line of defense for the base, yet it doesn't feel that way. Due to our lack of green zone in and around the gates, we are vulnerable to kidnappings and other risks that sentries in other orgs do not need to fear. as such, this heightened danger means we should have an elevated response. This includes, more frequent patrols of the base perimeter and being much more aggressive in our yellow zone while remaining within the terms of our Rules of Engagement. Low ranks of the NG should WANT to be at the base. In other words, we need to make it a more social experience with both fellow NG members and civilians. This will need to be addressed as we develop our approach to public engagement.

New things to do! People are used to the same-old same-old. Raid, event, raid, event, global, raid. Often it feels as if our focus is away from RP and more towards crossing those things off a list. Newcomers and returning NG are looking for something cool and exciting to do, but once they've seen the normal cycle it can become boring for some. I want to vary up base tasks and duties for recruits in and around Fort Zancudo. My main concern is encouraging people to want to be at the base doing things. I want people to prefer being on duty when they fly into the city. I want on duty to be a reward, not an obligation. The only way we're going to do that is with more things to do! This will be built on as we discover what is is people actually want to do on base.

Above all else, I encourage open communication and sharing of ideas across ALL ranks. If a private has a suggestion to improve the NG I want to hear it. Anyone who shows initiative should feel they are valued and be given the opportunity to demonstrate their talents. Everybody is given a fair chance.

RAIDS

Of the main issues I see facing the NG, worst of all is raids. Too often we find ourselves either unprepared or outpaced before or during an event. We are hit harder when we are away and more often when we are low on numbers. Why is this? How are they so well prepared? Simple, they are on the offensive. Strategically speaking the defense has a disadvantage. When an Attacker makes an opening move they put the Defender on the back foot. What I suggest we do is put the enemy on the back foot. We can do this in a few ways. Firstly, we need surveillance of the base at all times during raid hours. This can be done by either increasing armed patrols or utilizing the IAA (ref. "NEW DEPARTMENTS"). Secondly, there needs to be more personnel stationed at the base aside from the gate troops. by having IAA staff members trained not only as soldiers but stationed within the bunker, there is a ready to deploy armed force just beneath the enemy's feet. Thirdly, we go on the offensive. Using the laws laid out in the Civil Code of Procedure and the Penal and Misdemeanor's code, the NG has relatively broad powers to detain and question enemy combatants. This means that in addition to simple patrols of Fort Zancudo and the ghetto, we have the task of capturing valuable informants (ref. "NEW DEPARTMENTS"). I would like to have regular war games at Fort Zancudo in preparation for raids. This goes hand in hand with consistent training schedules which would allow members new and old to both advance and brush up on their skills.

To prepare better for raids, I would like to discover and define the optimal defense strategy for defending gang targets at FZ. This will take a day or two to plan as I and my HC will need to do both the on site inspection and planning as well as the research into enemy attack patterns by reviewing bodycam footage of previous raids.

NEW DEPARTMENTS

During General McDougall's term we saw the creation of two new departments in the NG, the US Marshalls and the International Affairs Agency. While both of these concepts are great ideas on their own, the roles that they serve are similar and can in fact be combined into a singular division. I propose that the US Marshalls merge with the IAA as simply the IAA, utilizing the bunker for daily activities.

The primary duty of the IAA is to face off against raids. This will be done using a variety of methods which I will outline here. Before I do that however, it is important to not that I intend on having a clear bonus structure for information that leads to a successful raid defense which will be paid to the NG member or members that make the alert. Firstly, we can utilize our interview rooms in the bunker or Cayo Perico for the interrogation of enemy combatants captured during raids, trespasses, or patrols. Though most will not cooperate when met with force, there are ways to convince people. The current laws in place allow for LEOs to develop assets outside the organization and even protect them from basic surveillance up to and including legal immunity! Secondly the IAA will take on all base surveillance in the yellow zone and influence zones. Mainly done by helicopter, these patrols will happen ever half hour if possible in order to update all units of possible activity around the base. IAA agents will also patrol on foot where they will support the lower ranks at the gates and on patrol.

The secondary duty of the IAA will be to investigate persons of interest, building a database of possible hostiles that we can learn about and ultimately predict.

CONCLUSION

None of my outlines above will be possible without a first-class team of experienced members of the NG. I am calling on any experienced National Guard officers of the past and the present that would like to try something bold for the future to step forward. My Generalship would be mainly administrative, taking care of backend work both at base and around the city. Therefore I will need the best HC team. I cannot accomplish this vision alone. It won't be easy, but since NG has become my home I learned one final thing, we have the right skills and the right people to make great things happen! So I am asking for those who believe in NG's potential to help me make it a reality!

Stay Safe Out There!

Raymond Hulk.

Player
Player
massive bump Lucy is a natural born leader a natural winner you make Lucy the next leader of NG you will see a successful 2 terms of leadership including positive outcomes to changes made and new implementations of ideology and a massive improvement in roleplay not picking Lucy for at least a interview would be a unfortunate mistake..

Johnny Green

Ex SAHP Sheriff of EN 1
Player
+1 She will make a Great NG Leader… Lots of Ideas and ways to improve the NG as a org!

Jax

Player
Player
+1
Lucy is amazing and she has the ability to bring NG to a new level.

Strela Pol

The One With The Fedora
Player
+1 She would be a good choice for lead of NG, I worked with her for a good bit and she was a good judge as well as a great attorney.

Darren Miller

Player
Player
Interview will take place 12/04/2022 at 14:00 server time

please join waiting room 10 mins before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom